Please do read the below CAREFULLY:
|Revelation 11:3) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4) These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5) And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6) These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7) And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9) And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10) And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11) And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12) And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13) And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14) The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16) And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17) Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18) And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
The above Bible quotation contains 3 things which some say indicate that this is the Rapture.
1. There is a resurrection (the 2 witnesses)
2. There is a “last trumpet” (in a series of 7 trumpets)
3. There is mention of the saints receiving their reward
OK……let us have it understood that I am NOT going to be offering you my own explanation for what is taking place between verse 3 and verse 18 of Revelations chapter 11. What I am going to do is show you what is NOT taking place here.
THE TWO WITNESSES are indeed resurrected and transported upward to heaven: but there are ONLY TWO. There is not a hint in this language that allows you to turn these TWO into thousands or millions. These TWO WITNESSES do not appear for the first time in Revelation, but were and are a KNOWN QUANTITY from the Old Testament.
|Zechariah 4:11) Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12) And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13) And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14) Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.
I will not quote everything pertinent here, to save you time: but the context requires that these 2 witnesses be either Joshua and Zerubbabel (2 actual persons), or that they be eternal entities (not persons at all). The similarity of language is too obvious to ignore. Both in Revelation and in Zechariah they are referred to as INDIVIDUALS. There is nothing in the language in Revelation or Zechariah that allows for these to be more than a numerical total of 2.
|Matthew 18:16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.|
It appears that God will have 2 or 3 witnesses. These are 2 witnesses. When the Lord says “my two witnesses“, there is the implication that these are all the witnesses God has LEFT on the earth at that time.
|Isaiah 43:10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.|
These are apparently the last 2 witnesses God has on the earth at that time. It is below the graciousness of God to refer to ten thousands of saints as “two witnesses”, when we are ALL called to be witnesses.
Those who wish to make these 2 witnesses into corporate entities have some problems to solve.
If one witness is The Church….who is the other one? Will unsaved Israel be resurrected to life to meet the Lord in the air? Some will try to say that these are Gentile Christians, and Jewish Christians. But is God now making two out of what He calls ONE?
|Ephesians 2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Does God now make a distinction that He has abrogated? Or has this distinction been reinvented by those seeking to make a case for a pre-wrath/mid-trib Rapture?
Is every Christian on the earth going to be slain in Jerusalem on the same day? If the 2 witnesses represent The whole Church, then all the Christians in the world are killed and dead and there is no one left alive to Rapture.
|1 Thessalonians 4:17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.|
The 2 witnesses are resurrected during the 6th trumpet, and NOT during or after the 7th (last) trumpet of this series. There are no resurrections or Raptures mentioned in connection with the 7th trumpet.The RESURRECTION of the 2 witnesses is NOT a Rapture. A Rapture applies to the living who are caught up to meet the Lord in the air. There are no “living, caught up” anywhere in Revelation 11:3-18.
Whatever the REWARDS are that saints shall receive at this time and how they will be given is unknown to me: but there is no language here about Raptures or resurrections.
The only living person “caught up” in the Revelation is the Apostle John himself, who responds to the same words as the witnesses:
|Revelation 4:1) After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.|
|Revelation 11:12) And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.|
NOTICE that the word trumpet is associated with the words spoken to John, but NOT in the case of the 2 witnesses. There is no trumpet announcing the ascension of the 2 witnesses. If there is a Rapture signified in the Revelation, it is at 4:1, NOT in chapter 11. If the Rapture is signified in Revelation 4:1, everyone knows that this means PRE-TRIB!